Mixed Marriages

The bishop can, if there are serious reasons, give permission for a marriage to take place in a non-catholic church by a priest of that church. Applications must be made to one’s parish priest. A Marriage Certificate valid by the Catholic Church can be requested from the bishop’s office. Catholics who marry outside the Catholic Church without such permission, are not permitted to receive the Sacraments of the Church.