|† The Visitation. †|
|Exultation is the keynote of the encounter with Elizabeth, where the sound of Mary’s voice and the presence of Christ in her womb cause John to “leap for joy”.
Our Father, who art in heaven hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
1. Mary set out at that time and went into the hill country. And she went into Zechariah’s house and greeted Elizabeth. (Luke 1:39, 40)
2. And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. (Luke 1:41)
3. She gave a loud cry and said, ‘Of all women you are the most blessed, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.’ (Luke 1:42)
4. And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her from the Lord.” (Luke 1:45)
5. And Mary said: ‘My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord and my spirit exults in God my savior; because he has looked upon his lowly handmaid.’ (Luke 1:46-48)
6. Yes, from this day forward all generations will call me blessed, for the Almighty has done great things for me.’ (Luke 1:48, 49)
7. Holy is his name, and his mercy reaches from age to age for those who fear him. (Luke 1:49, 50)
8. He has shown the power of his arm, he has routed the proud of heart. (Luke 1:51)
9. He has pulled down princes from their thrones and exalted the lowly. (Luke 1:52)
10. The hungry he has filled with good things, the rich sent empty away.’ (Luke 1:53)
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
O my Jesus, forgive us of our sins.
Come, Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well-beloved Spouse.
O Sacrament, Most Holy, O Sacrament Divine, All praise and all thanksgiving, be every moment Thine.