|† The Crucifixion. †|
|The sorrowful mysteries help the believer to relive the death of Jesus, to stand at the foot of the Cross beside Mary, to enter with her into the depths of God’s love for man and to experience all its life-giving power.
Our Father, who art in heaven hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
1. When they reached the placed called The Skull, they crucified him. (Luke 23:33)
2. Jesus said, ‘Father, forgive them; they do not know what they are doing.’ (Luke 23:34)
3. One of the criminals crucified with him said, ‘Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.’ (Luke 23:39, 42)
4. He replied to him, “Amen, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.” (Luke 23:43)
5. Standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother and his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary of Magdala. (John 19:25)
6. When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple there whom he loved, he said to his mother, “Woman, behold, your son.” Then he said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother.” (John 19:26-27)
7. And from that hour the disciple took her into his home. (John 19:27)
8. It was now about noon and darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon because of an eclipse of the sun. Then the veil of the temple was torn down the middle. (Luke 23:44-45)
9. And Jesus cried out in a loud voice, ‘Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.’ (Luke 23:46a)
10. “…and when he had said this he breathed his last.” (Luke 23:46b)
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
O my Jesus, forgive us of our sins. Save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls into heaven, especially those in most need of thy mercy.
Come, Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well-beloved Spouse.
O Sacrament, Most Holy, O Sacrament Divine, All praise and all thanksgiving, be every moment Thine.