|† The Nativity. †|
|Gladness also fills the scene in Bethlehem, when the birth of the divine Child, the Savior of the world, is announced by the song of the angels and proclaimed to the shepherds as “news of great joy”.
Our Father, who art in heaven hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
1. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, from the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David, to be enrolled with Mary his betrothed, who was with child. (Lk 2:4-5)
2. And she gave birth to her firstborn son. She wrapped him in swaddling clothes and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. (Lk 2:7)
3. And in that region there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with fear. (Lk 2:8-9)
4. The angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I proclaim to you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For today in the city of David a savior has been born for you who is Messiah and Lord.” (Lk 2:10-11)
5. “And this will be a sign for you: you will find a babe wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger.” (Lk 2:12)
6. And suddenly there was a multitude of the heavenly host with the angel, praising God and saying: “Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.” (Lk 2:13-14)
7. When they saw this, they made known the message that had been told them about this child…And Mary kept all these things, reflecting on them in her heart. (Lk 2:17, 19)
8. …magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem, saying, “Where is the newborn king of the Jews? We saw his star at its rising and have come to do him homage.” (Mt 2:1b-2)
9. …and on entering the house they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him. (Mt 2:11a)
10. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh. (Mt 2:11b)
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
O my Jesus, forgive us of our sins.
Come, Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well-beloved Spouse.
O Sacrament, Most Holy, O Sacrament Divine, All praise and all thanksgiving, be every moment Thine.