|† The Carrying of the Cross. †|
|Ecce homo: the meaning, origin and fulfillment of man is to be found in Christ, the God who humbles himself out of love “even unto death, death on a cross”
Our Father, who art in heaven hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
1. Then he said to them all: “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself (Luke 9:23a)
2. “…and take up his cross daily and follow me.” (Luke 9:23b)
3. So the soldiers took charge of Jesus. Carrying his own cross, he went out to the place of the Skull (which in Aramaic is called Golgotha). (John 19:17)
4. As they led him away, they seized Simon from Cyrene, who was on his way in from the country, and put the cross on him and made him carry it behind Jesus. (Luke 23:26)
5. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, (Matt 11:29a)
6. for I am gentle and humble in heart, (Matt 11:29b)
7. And you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matt 11:29c, 30)
8. A large crowd of people followed Jesus, including many women who mourned and lamented him. (Luke 23:27)
9. Jesus turned to them and said, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep instead for yourselves and for your children, (Luke 23:28)
10. For if these things are done when the wood is green what will happen when it is dry?” (Luke 23:31)
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
O my Jesus, forgive us of our sins.
Come, Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well-beloved Spouse.
O Sacrament, Most Holy, O Sacrament Divine, All praise and all thanksgiving, be every moment Thine.