|Contemplating the Risen One, Christians rediscover the reasons for their own faith (cf. 1Cor 15:14) and relive the joy not only of those to whom Christ appeared – the Apostles, Mary Magdalene and the disciples on the road to Emmaus – but also the joy of Mary, who must have had an equally intense experience of the new life of her glorified Son.
Our Father, who art in heaven hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
1. Amen, amen, I say to you, you will weep and mourn, while the world rejoices; you will grieve, but your grief will become joy. (John 16:20)
Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
2. So you also are now in anguish. But I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy away from you. (John 16:22)
3. But at daybreak on the first day of the week they took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. (Luke 24:1)
4. And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, approached, rolled back the stone, and sat upon it. (Matt 28:2)
5. ‘I know you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here.’ (Matt 28:5-6a)
6. ‘He has risen from the dead. Come and see the place where he lay.’ (Matt 28:6b)
7. Then go quickly and tell his disciples, ‘He has been raised from the dead, and he is going before you to Galilee; there you will see him.’ Behold, I have told you.” (Matt 28:7)
8. Then they went away quickly from the tomb, fearful yet overjoyed, and ran to announce this to his disciples. (Matt 28:8)
9. ‘I am the resurrection and the life. If anyone believes in me, even though he dies he will live.’ (John 11:25)
10. ‘And whoever lives and believes in me will never die.’ (John 11:26)
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
O my Jesus, forgive us of our sins.
Save us from the fires of hell.
Lead all souls into heaven, especially those in most need of thy mercy.
Come, Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well-beloved Spouse.
O Sacrament, Most Holy, O Sacrament Divine, All praise and all thanksgiving, be every moment Thine.